Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


Brain Tumor? What Brain Tumor? 

You'll be happy to know that I don't have a brain tumor. I saw the neurologist today and he told me that my brain was perfect, according to the MRI report. We won't get into the fact that I can't remember a damn thing. What did I just say? Oh yes, no brain tumor. I'm reporting this news mainly for the benefit of my mother-in-law who I think may be the only person who reads this blog. Lynne, I don't want you to worry after last week's entry. After getting the diagnosis, I asked the doc what could account for my food tasting so bitter (yes, everything still tastes like shit, especially chocolate) - I've lost 5 pounds since the problem started! He figured out it must be the new tetracycilin I'm taking - apparently that's a common side effect. "What should I do Doctor?" I asked him. He suggested that I keep taking the medication until I've lost 10 more pounds. Very funny, I thought. Then I thought, you know, that's a good idea. This is a wise and knowing doctor. Anyway, all's well in the health department.

We're having a huge snowstorm this weekend. So, I rented 5 videos, bought two bottles of wine, brownie mix, chips and guacamole. I don't plan to leave the apartment. It's a perfect weekend.

You can just feel the excitement about my book coming out. It should hit the stores on Thursday. Lots of friends are coming to my first reading at The Corner Bookstore on Jan. 31. I'm really looking forward to it. I think that, in terms of importance, releasing your first book rises to the level of having a baby, getting married, winning a gold medal at the Olympics, getting fired or, perhaps, going to jail. Obviously the first three are preferred, at least by me. But these are all life-defining events, if you know what I mean. I'll keep you posted as the book release progresses.

Friday, January 21, 2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.