Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


breakfast at the W 

I just came from a wonderful breakfast with Tracey Jackson, my screenwriter. She's not exactly MY screenwriter but she is writing the screenplay to The Ivy Chronicles. We met at the W Hotel, having given up on The Coffee Shop since they are so rude there. Plus, all their waitresses are 90 pound models and I for one, feel short and fat just walking in the door. Loved the W for breakfast. The food was delish, the service was perfect, A+ for atmosphere, and our table was really large and comfortable. By chance, Tracey's husband, Glen, was eating there, too. He's a lovely man (a rare book dealer!) who bought our breakfast, which I thought was very gentlemanly of him. Glen was breakfasting with a man named Jack Feldman, one of the co-writers of the Copacabana song with Barry Manilow. He seemed to be as nice as he could be, although we didn't talk much. I've never met an actual songwriter, so this was momentous.

Tracey and I had much to catch up on - her new script (sounds so funny), update on the Ivy movie (they're looking for a director), my latest projects, our kids, our health, blah, blah, blah. The most exciting thing is that she took me shopping for a big, stylish bag after we ate. I decided it was time for me to own a grown up purse. Usually I just carry my ugly Canyon Ranch gym bag or a Harrod's bag. But this morning I realized how tacky that looked when I'm all dressed up as I was today. I'm so rarely dressed up these days that I hardly notice the tackiness of my purse, but today I did. So, Tracey, who knows everything there is to know about bags, took me to Kenneth Cole where, in three minutes, I picked out the perfect black bag at a reasonable price. I can't wait to organize all my junk into the bag. That sounds really sad and pathetic on second glance. Has my life become so dull that I'm looking forward to throwing my crap into a new purse. Yes, I guess it has.

Friday, April 28, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.