Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


P Day! 

It's July 3, publication day for Wife in the Fast Lane in the UK. It's thrilling and exciting and I just wish I could be there to see my books stacked up on the shelves. That is the most awesome feeling for an author. A few readers have written to say they're mid-book and really enjoying it. Thank you for writing to me. Please, keep the emails coming. You have no idea how happy I am to receive them. And I promise to answer you.

Meanwhile, it's July 4th weekend in Manhattan. The city is absolutely dead. If you're from elsewhere, this is a great time to come visit. You can get in anywhere. Last night, we went to see Arturo O'Farrell at Birdland - an African-Cuban big-band. They're pretty great. We had no problem getting in without a reservation. Tonight, we're planning to see another big band at The Village Vanguard - this one more in the Frank Sinatra mode. I had a funny experience earlier in the week. My friend, Jamie (the pediatrician/brain surgeon - I swear!) and I went to the Tenement Museum in lower Manhattan to hear Katherine Weber speak. She wrote the book, Triangle, about (what else) the famous Triangle Fire of 1911. As we were leaving, this old man said to Jamie, "don't I know you from somewhere?" Me, being completely oblivious in the ways of men trying to pick up women, engaged the gentleman in a discussion trying to figure out where he knew Jamie from. Of course he didn't. It was a line. Duh! Then, his companion, another old guy, starts talking to me. He's acting totally flirty, but I'm not catching on because, hell, I'm married 25 years and flirting is not an everyday activity for me. But then I realized that he was being awfully forward and touchy, so I mentioned my husband. He immediately ended the conversation and moved on to another girl. It was very flattering, of course, but slightly weird when you realize that the guy I was talking to was at least 15 years older than me, and the other guy was 25 years older than Jamie. Still, I was touched and appreciative that ANY man would find me attractive enough to try to pick me up at a book reading. I know, it's slightly pathetic. But at least I'm still in the game.

Monday, July 03, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.