Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


Canyon Ranch photos 

I promised I'd share some of the pictures I took at Canyon Ranch and here they are...

This is the area outside the clubhouse where we eat all that delicious, healthy, fart inducing food.

This is a house I've admired for years along the path of our daily walk. Wouldn't you love to know what's behind those blue doors?

A lovely photo of the beautiful Arizona desert taken along our walk.

Below is my road less traveled picture. I think it could go on a book cover or a greeting card!

Quick note, if the pictures are screwed up or repeated or otherwise not as they should be, please pardon. I'm having a lot of trouble managing the photo feature of this blogging thingamajig.

So, back to Canyon Ranch. Mom and I had a fantastic time this year at our visit. I learned a lot about nutrition and exercise. You'd think I'd know it all by now after seven years visiting this spa, but no, there's always more. I finally get why cocoa puffs are bad for me. Who knew? That's progress. I also worked with a wonderful doctor who did all kinds of blood work for my heart and hormones, plus gave me a bone density test. I have a lot of work to do - need to lose weight and do more weight bearing exercises. Oh, the perils of growing old (and overeating).

While I was there, I picked up an excellent book by a doctor at the ranch - Ultrametabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. There's a website too. If you sign up for the newsletter they send you all these interesting tips on health and weight loss. I highly recommend the book and the site. http://www.ultrametabolism.com/

Mom and I took several cooking classes while we were there, so I came home and cooked up a storm - all healthy stuff that I've frozen so we can eat well with little prep time. I've also stepped up my workout so I can lose...dum de dum dum...25 pounds. I'll be a stick at that point, but why not, eh? Let's hope I stay motivated, always the hard part after getting all pumped up towards a goal. Don't you just wish there were a magic pill you could take? I do.

I'm home and writing again. My goal is to finish a first draft by Christmas. So many goals, so little time. Had lunch with Lizzie Noble today, a wonderful author who just moved to New York from London (The Friendship Test, The Tenko Club, The Reading Group). She's really loving it here and it was fun to hear her observations of how life in Manhattan differs from that in London. She is quite impressed with that clear plastic protection paper that moves on the toilet seats at Saks (and other toilets throughout the city). I guess they don't have those in the UK.

One more thing, very cool. When I was in line at the Tuscon Airport to go home, a woman tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was "the author." I couldn't believe it. Someone actually recognized me. It was a movie star moment.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.