Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


I was a bad, bad girl 

I just did the most terrible thing. I have shocked myself to the core of my very being because I never violate rules or laws, but tonight I did. I really wanted to see "The Queen," so I went to the theater at 23rd and 8th. But the film was sold out. So I bought a ticket to "Little Miss Sunshine," which I've seen and loved and decided to see again. As I walked toward my theater, I saw that the theater next door was for "The Queen." So I ducked inside and took a seat. I was SO nervous. The theater was filling up and I was just waiting for the usher to come down the aisle with his flashlight asking everyone to present proof of having bought a ticket. I decided I would just say I'd lost my ticket if they asked me. But finally, the lights dimmed and the movie started and there I was illegally, immorally, and unethically sitting in a seat in which I was not entitled to sit. It was kind of thrilling really. I felt like an criminal or at least a bad seed. Let's hope I don't go to hell for this. It's the kind of thing I'd yell at my children for doing - and rightly so. If you happened to go to that movie tonight, but could not find a seat, then please accept my apologies. I was wrong and I'll never do it again. In fact, confessing the crime has been cathartic. Meanwhile, the movie was quite good and I'd highly recommend it.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.