Karen Quinn's Blog
Welcome to my little corner on the web!
Archives
 

Order my novels at the links below:

Wife in the Fast Lane:

The Ivy Chronicles:


Happy Thanksgiving 

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? We certainly did. I think I need a week off to recover from this week. My mother came on Monday and we cooked nonstop Tuesday and Wednesday. We did take time off to go visit our psychic and both received excellent forecasts for the immediate future. Of course, I was thankful for that. My brothers both came (from Denver and Dallas) so it was wonderful to see them. On Wednesday night, we went to see Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, which was lots of fun. He was at Rose Hall at the Time Warner Center, a gorgeous new theater. To my surprise, Frankie can still belt 'em out, including those "is that really a man" falsetta notes. Fans literally stormed the stage when he sang Sherry. The ushers were alarmed because they weren't used to fans going nuts at such a la-di-da venue, but since most of the stormers were over fifty, there was no danger. Our friends, Jan and Bob, whom we met on our our cruise this summer came for Thanksgiving and spent the weekend. Mark and I had a great time showing them around the city. On Friday and Saturday nights, we went to Sweet Rhythm to see our friend, Lezlie Harrison, who was singing for the first time there. She was excellent. Lezlie has sung at parties at our house, but I'd never seen her perform at a jazz club. The woman is absolutely mesmerizing. Jan and Bob left today, so we've been trying to put the house back in order. We had hidden all our junk for Thanksgiving, but now we can take it out and let it clutter our home once again. I'm looking forward to going back to my boring but comfortable routine, starting tomorrow.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogRSDURL$>  

© Karen Quinn. All rights reserved. Site designed by
  Kevin Che.